If you need cash, try our simple Pawnbroking service. Simply bring your gold or platinum jewellery, diamonds or other high value items to your nearest store, and we’ll give you a cash loan against your goods.
We also provide pawnbroking loans to small and medium size business owners. The interest rate on any loan can be lower if the value of the asset is significant (at participating stores only).
Here’s how pawnbroking works:
- You can borrow up to £10,000 on any single Pawnbroking contract. We have a minimum loan value in some stores, so please check with your local store.
- When you bring your goods to us we’ll discuss your requirements with you, and wherever possible offer you a second-hand resale value against your item(s).
- Your information and photo will be entered onto our computer database.
- Pawnbroking contracts are for a period of 6 months and are regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974*
- Interest on the loan accumulates or each month for part of a month that the contract runs. Interest is only payable at the time that the Pawnbroking contract is settled.
- We retain your goods until the contract is settled.
- Where applicable, all items will be tested in store, so there will be no recourse to vendor.
Here’s what you need:
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You’ll need to bring a minimum of two recent documents one to confirm identity, such as a passport, driving licence or correspondence from HMRC or DWP and another to confirm address, dated from within the last 3 months, such as a utility bill, council correspondence, etc. Please click here for a list of acceptable ID documents.
Terms & Conditions
- Warning: Late re-payment can cause serious money problems. For help, go to moneyadviceservice.org.uk
- Representative APR 155.8%
- Representative example: Amount of credit £100; duration of agreement 6 months; rate of interest 119.9% (fixed) p.a. Total amount payable: £159.94 in one instalment.
- A pawnbroking loan is a fixed term loan agreement secured on the items you pledge.
- Minimum age 18 and proof of ID and address required. Subject to status and affordability. Failure to keep up with payments may result in the loss of your goods. Further terms and conditions apply, ask in-store or see online for more details. Support Centre: Innovation House, Aston Lane South, Preston Brook, Cheshire, WA7 3FY.
*The Consumer Credit Act 1974 allows that, if the contract is not redeemed and the loan is £75 or under, then the goods become our property. Where the loan is more than £75 we must dispose of the items on your behalf for a fair market value and advise you of the results. If the amount realised (after deducting sale costs) is more than the amount you owe at the date of sale then we will send you the surplus.
Members of the National Pawnbrokers Association