If you need cash, try our simple Pawnbroking service. Simply bring your gold or platinum jewellery, diamonds or antique jewellery to your nearest store, and we’ll give you a cash loan against your items.
Here’s how pawnbroking works:
- You can borrow up to £10,000 on any single Pawnbroking contract. We have a minimum loan value in some stores, so please check with your local store.
- When you bring your goods to us we’ll discuss your requirements with you, and wherever possible offer you a second-hand resale value against your item(s).
- Your information and photo will be entered onto our computer database.
- Pawnbroking contracts are for a period of 6 months and are regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974*
- Interest on the loan accumulates or each month for part of a month that the contract runs. Interest is only payable at the time that the Pawnbroking contract is settled.
- We retain your goods until the contract is settled.
- Where applicable, all items will be tested in store, so there will be no recourse to vendor.
Here’s what you need:
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You’ll need to bring a minimum of two recent documents one to confirm identity, such as a passport, driving licence or correspondence from HMRC or DWP and another to confirm address, dated from within the last 3 months, such as a utility bill, council correspondence, etc. Please click here for a list of acceptable ID documents.
*The Consumer Credit Act 1974 allows that, if the contract is not redeemed and the loan is £75 or under, then the goods become our property. Where the loan is more than £75 we must dispose of the items on your behalf for a fair market value and advise you of the results. If the amount realised (after deducting sale costs) is more than the amount you owe at the date of sale then we will send you the surplus.
Members of the National Pawnbrokers Association