ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING CUSTOMER IDENTIFICATION PROCEDURES
To help protect our customers and guard against theft and fraud we need to establish and verify the identity and address of all Buy, Buyback and Pawnbroking customers.
To do this we must have the following:
PROOF OF IDENTITY
- UK Passport *
- UK Photo-card driving licence * (full and provisional at the customer’s current address)
- EU Passport * (for non-UK nationals from an EU country)
- EU National ID card * (for non-UK nationals from an EU country)
- Non-EU Passport * (for non-UK nationals from a country outside the EU) and proof of residency
or work permit issued by the UK Border Agency
- Non-EU ID Card * (for non-UK nationals from a country outside the EU) and proof of residency or work permit issued by the UK Border Agency
- Old style UK driving licence, plus an additional proof of address (from list below dated in last 3 months)
- Document issued by DWP to confirm entitlement to benefit, taxcredit or pension (dated in last 12 months and at current address); plus, proof of DOB (i.e. Birth Certificate, student card, NHS card, citizen card, letter from the doctor or prescription)
- Document issued by HMRC to confirm payment of income tax or income tax rebate (dated in last 12 months and at current address); plus, proof of DOB (i.e. Birth Certificate, student card, NHS card, citizen card, letter from the doctor or prescription)
* All Photo ID must be in date.
PROOF OF ADDRESS
Dated in the last 3 months
- Utility bills – gas, electric, water, tv license, Sky, internet provider, landline, mobile bill if on contract
- Council issued correspondence – council tax, housing benefit, votingcard, tenancy agreement
- Credit card / bank statements
- Insurance letter – car, house, life / private pension, home, pet
- Other documents issued by government body; jobcentre plus, DWP, HMRC, court letter, CRB check letter
- Photo card driving licence (at current address and in date) if customer has used a passport as proof of identity
- All proofs accepted must be on official headed paper with the full name and address of the company issuing them
- We can’t accept solicitor’s letters as solicitors do not always do any verification checks on their clients, they often just accept the name and address details given. NHS letters cannot be used for the same reason. P45/P60 and payslips are not acceptable as they are issued by your employer (who could be large business or sole trader so we have no way of telling what checks have been carried out)
Proof of address will remain valid on our systems for 6 months from the agreement date.
At Cash Converters, we always want to give you the fairest price possible.
To do this, we work out what price your item will reasonably sell for in our store, then take away a percentage we need to stay in business. We then arrive at the price we offer you.
How old is it? Have you already used much of the value?
Is it fully working? Is it scratched, dirty or damaged?
Is it the current model? Can we easily sell it?
Based on these factors, we offer you a fair price.